Sunday, January 10, 2016

How To Jumpstart a Car

How to Jumpstart a Car:
By Gretel Beal 
Before you start
Keep metal objects away from the battery. If they cause a spark, it could be dangerous
It could be dangerous
But Nelson taught me to take risks and be creative and someone once said the most dangerous of men are the creative ones and don't you need a spark of creativity to get started? 
Proceed to park both cars in neutral next to each other so that they're close but not touching
Close but not touching
Like Paris 
And maybe since its 5,000 miles away, it doesn't seem that close. But I promise it's closer than you think. And once I finish learning how to jumpstart a car
It can't be too hard to get there again, right?
Next open the bonnet
Connect the red leads to the positive terminals in each car
Then, connect the black leads to the negative terminals in each car
Don't mix these up because you can't connect a positive with a negative 
And someone once told me you can't be happy if you're sad but maybe everything's just a huge controversy 
And I'm still debating whether I'll use 
My gas money to drive across the country, living out of my trunk
Or waste it driving to a desk job every day 
But until my car is fixed, I'll stick with walking 
Start the engine of the working car and then proceed to turn on the engine of the car with the dead battery
The car should start 
The singer should sing
The writer should write
The painter should paint
And I keep forgetting this is only a poem about broken cars and not broken hearts 
But sometimes all you need is a little spark
And if you thought your dead battery was the end
Think again because you have a long road ahead 
And if you still don't know how to jumpstart a car
Then maybe I just never learned how to write 
But I learned to take risks, be myself and let go
And if that's all you learned, then that's all you need to know 


5 comments:

  1. I love what this turned into, such a creative take on the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the most creative posts I've read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom's name is Jessica ''Jesse'' Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiring packers and movers in Gurgaon is not too hard if you take help of the best moving professionals. Best movers and packers Gurgaon assist with their skilled and trained team to pack, load, unload and unpack your belongings.
    So be aware and hire the best mover packer to save your valuables.
    packers and movers Gurgaon
    packers and movers Gurgaon Charges

    ReplyDelete